welcome to socialadvicers. we are going to learn about agnistambasana, its steps and its benefits. first we will learn what is agnistambasana?
YOGA POSE AGNISTAMBASANA AND ITS BENEFITS
Agnistambasana is one of the most important poses of yoga which has numerous benefits. In Sanskrit, “agni” means “fire”, “stamba” means “statue” and “asana” means “pose”. Agnistambasana in English called as “fire log pose”. This pose is also called as “double pigeon pose” and “burning log pose”.
before starting this asana warm up your body. warming up your body is important to start any asana as it helps to stretch your body easily and do asana perfectly.
BENEFITS OF AGNISTAMBASANA::
- Fire log pose stretches the thighs, groins, and hips and stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It is very effective in opening up the hips and groins.
- It additionally fortifies the stomach organs and increases flexibility.
- Relieves anxiety, tension and stress.
- Strengthens legs and calves.
- Calms the mind.
Do not practice this asana if you have a low back injury and knee injury.
STEPS OF AGNISTAMBASANA:
- Sit on a thick blanket or yoga mat with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Roll your shoulders toward your ears and then release them down your spine, widening through your chest.
- Slide your right foot under your left leg to the outside of your left hip and then lay the outer leg on the floor.
- Stack your left leg on top of your right, ensuring that the left ankle is outside the right knee.
- If you are flexible in the hips, slide your right shin forward directly below the left to increase the challenge.
- Option to place a block under your left knee.
- Press through your heels and spread your toes.
- Keep your torso long.
- Option to fold forward from your groins while keeping a space between your pubis and naval.
Recommended for you: