welcome to socialadvicers. Anuvittasana is a yoga asana. we are going to learn about the Anuvittasana with description. How to do anuvittasana. This asana also called by back bend pose.
WHAT IS ANUVITTASANA?
“Anuvittasana” is essentially a backward half-bend done while in “Tadasana.” So Anuvittasana is also called as “standing back-bend pose.” this pose is the first pose in Surya namaskar. This pose is a beginner’s asana which opens the heart.Initially you will only be able to bend into the pose slightly. Do not force yourself as backward bends can only be perfected through practice for several years. Standing backbend may also be called as “Ardha chakrasana.”
HOW TO DO ANUVITTASANA?
Before starting this asana first warm up your body. It will be easy for you to perform any asana perfectly or easily stretch if you follow up with warm up. follow the asana observing the image shown below.
BENEFITS OF ANUVITTASANA:-
- Standing backbend pose is a wonderful heart opening pose and hence energizes the heart.
- This pose helps to open up the respiratory system for deeper, fuller breath.
- Stretches the muscles in shoulders, chest, upper arms, abdomen, back, and neck.
- Strengthens the upper back.
- Improves posture.
- Removes tightness in shoulders.
- Strengthens the lower body.
- Help with proper breathing and improves blood circulation.
Be very careful performing a standing backbend if you have had any recent injuries to your neck or back.
- Begin by standing at the top of your mat in mountain pose with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Inhale, arms swing to the side and reach up towards the sky.
- Bring the hands in prayer position above the head and till the pelvis in. Raising the arms above might cause arching in the lower back. So in order to avoid that, tilt the pelvis and engage the core.
- Gently bend from the upper back, lifting the heart towards the sky.
- Exhale, keeping the legs and pelvis strong and engaged, slowly roll back up. Do this at least five times and each time and each time go deeper than before.