Welcome to socialadvicers. We are going to discuss about in yoga. Dhanurasana is also called as Bow pose. We are going to learn about Dhanurasana, how to do dhanurasana , its steps, benefits of it. firstly we will discuss what is Dhanurasana?
WHAT IS DHANURASANA?
This is a basic posture of hatha yoga. Our body pose look like the shape of Dhanush(bow) in this asana. So it is called as dhanurasana. It helps to reduce the belly fat fast. It strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest and abdominal organs and spinal cord.
HOW TO DO DHANURASANA?
Before starting this asana first, warm up your body. if you do not warm up your body you may have pains while stretching your body or you may not do the pose perfectly. follow the asana observing the picture below.
- Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest and abdominal organs.
- Improve the function of liver, pancreas, small intestine and big intestine.
- Helps to cure obesity, rheumatism, and gastrointestinal problems.
- Improves function of the pancreas and it is beneficial in diabetes.
- Effective in weight loss.
- Improves digestion and appetite, function of kidney and liver.
- Strengthens and releases back pain.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Cures menstruation disorder.
- Cures asthma.
- Helpful in stimulating reproductive organs.
This asana is not advisable if you are suffering from blood pressure, back pain, hernia, headache, migraine, or abdomen surgery or ladies during pregnancy or in periods.
- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping your feet hip-width apart and your arms beside your body.
- Now gently fold your knees and hold your ankles.
- Inhale, and lift your chest and legs off the ground. Pull your legs back.
- Look straight. Hold the pose as you concentrate on breathing. Your body should be as taut as a bow.
- As you get comfortable in the pose, breathe long and deep.
- About 15-20 seconds later, exhale and release the pose.
Recommended for you: