Welcome to socialadvicers. We are going to discuss about setu bandha sarvangasana in yoga. Setu bandha sarvangasana is also called as “Bridge pose” pose. We are going to learn abou tsetu bandha sarvangasana, how to do setu bandha sarvangasana , its steps, benefits of setu bandha sarvangasana. firstly we will discuss what issetu bandha sarvangasana.
WHAT IS SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA?
Setu bandha sarvangasana is also called as “Bridge pose.” setu bandha sarvangasana stimulates the abdominal organs and thyroid glands, which improves digestion and helps to regulate metabolism. Because it revitalizes the legs and stretches the shoulders, it can be a particularly rejuvenating pose for those who spend the day sitting in front of a computer or driving. Back bends give energy and courage and combat depression. They open the chest and make the spine flexible. The arms and shoulders become strong. gives relief from stress, fatigue, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, and mild depression. setu bandha sarvangasana also calms the mind and is known to be therapeutic for individuals with high blood pressure.
HOW TO DO SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA?
Before starting setu bandha sarvangasana first, warm up your body. if you do not warm up your body you may have pains while stretching your body or you may not do the pose perfectly. follow the asana observing the picture below.
BENEFITS OF SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA:
- Stretches the chest, neck, spine, and hips.
- Strengthens the back, buttocks, and hamstrings.
- Improves circulation of blood. Helps to prevent arterial blockages or cardiac arrest by resting the heart muscles and increasing blood circulation to the arteries.
- Stimulates the lungs, thyroid glands, and abdominal organs.
- Rejuvenates tired legs.
- Reduces backache and headache.
- Reduces fatigue, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Relieves symptoms of asthma and high blood pressure.
- Calms the brain and central nervous system.
- Therapeutic for hypertension, osteoporosis, and sinusitis.
- helps relieve symptoms of menopause.
- Improves digestion.
Do not try this pose if you have neck injury or late in pregnancy, knee injury.
STEPS OF SETU BANDHA SARVANGASANA:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor as shown in the above image. Extend your arms along the floor, palms flat.
- Press your feet and arms firmly into the floor. Exhale as you lift the floor. Exhale as you lift your hips toward the ceiling.
- Draw your tailbone toward your pubic bone, holding your buttocks off the floor. Do not squeeze your glutes or flex your buttocks.
- Roll your shoulders back and underneath your body. Clasp your hands and extend your arms along the floor beneath your pelvis. Straighten your arms as much as possible, pressing your forearms into the mat. Reach your knuckles towards your heels.
- Keep your thighs and feet parallel do not roll to the outer edges of your feet or let your knees drop together. Press your weight evenly across all four corners of both feet. Lengthen your tailbone toward the backs of your knees.
- Hold for up to one minute. To release, unclasp your hands and place them palms down along side your body. Exhale as you slowly roll your spine along the floor, vertebra by vertebra. Allow your knees to drop together.
Recommended for you: