Welcome to socialadvicers. We are going to discuss about yoga pose matsyasana. Is also called as fish pose. We are going to learn about how to do fish pose.Firstly we will discuss what is fish pose, benefits of it.
WHAT IS MATSYASANA?
Matsyasana is one of the beginners yoga pose inbuilt with many health benefits. In Sanskrit, “Matsya” means “fish” and “asana” means “pose”. So, matsyasana is also called as “Fish pose.” Matsyasana purifies our blood and keeps us healthy.
HOW TO DO MATSYASANA:
before starting this asana first, warm up your body. if you do not warm up your body you may have pains while stretching your body or you may not do the pose perfectly. follow the asana observing the picture above.
- Lie on your back. Your feet are together and hands relaxed alongside the body.
- Place the hands underneath the hips, palms facing down. Bring the elbows closer towards each other.
- Breathing in, lift the head and chest up.
- Keeping the chest elevated lower the head backward and touch the top of the head to the floor.
- With the head lightly touching the floor, press the elbows firmly into the ground, placing the weight on the elbow and not on the head. Lift your chest up from in-between the shoulder blades. Press the thighs and legs to the floor.
- Hold the pose for as long as you comfortably can, taking gentle long breaths in and out. Relax in the posture with every exhalation.
- Now lift the hand up, lowering the chest and head to the floor. Bring the hands back along the sides of the body and relax.
BENEFITS OF MATSYASANA
- This pose stretches the chest and neck.
- Spinal cord and back muscle tissues get refreshed.
- It helps to cure asthma and provides relief from respiratory disorders by encouraging deep breathing.
- It helps relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Tones the parathyroid, pituitary, and pineal glands.
- Practicing this yoga pose regularly helps to cure impotency.
- It helps to stop bleeding hemorrhoids.
- helps to shed away diseases such as seizure, leprosy and skin diseases.
- It helps to reduce thigh and belly fat.
Avoid this pose if you suffer from high/low blood pressure, Migraine, insomnia, or individuals suffering from serious lower-back or neck injuries.
Recommended for you